Compact and reliable universal USB IR receiver/transmitter. Can receive IR signals from most remote controls and transmit IR signals. Applications include home automation, home theater PC (HTPC), environmental control for disabled people, hospitality, industrial automation, kiosks, media servers.
Tira-2.1 has been in production for more than 6 years. It is a stable, reliable product.
- USB interface for easy installation
- Remotely wakes up PC from standby mode
- Receives and transmits arbitrarily long sequences
- Two IR LEDs will provide higher power, allowing you to control equipment from a greater distance
- 3.5mm jack for connecting additional IR emitters
- Transmitter supports wide range of modulation frequencies: 18-80kHz
- Capable of "learning" IR codes in the same range of frequencies
- Compatible with most existing remote controls (see details)
- Compact and elegant design
- Two IR LEDs for transmitting IR codes
- Short range sensor for capturing IR codes
- Long range, 38KHz IR receiver
- USB "B" Connector
- 3.5mm jack for connecting external emitters (Center pin "+", sleeve "-")
Tira 2.1 OEM version is the same device electronically, but comes without a plastic enclosure. It is intended for installation inside a PC. Four pin (0.100" spacing) USB connector is provided, and external emitter can be connected to the two pin connector. Click here to view mechanical dimensions and layout of the Tira 2.1 OEM board. 1.5ft USB cable for connecting to mainboard is optionally supplied.
|Computer Interface||USB 1.1|
|IR modulation frequency||Long Range Receiver: 36-40kHz
short range receiver: 18-80kHz
|Distance from the remote control||At least 8 meters. Can reach as much as 12 meters depending on the type of the remote control, batteries, and lighting conditions in the room.|
|Cable length||1.5m (Cable is supplied as an option)|
|OS||Any OS for which appropriate software is available. See our links page|
Remote control Compatibility
Tira is designed to work with most remote controls. For remote controls that use modulation frequency in the range of 32kHz to 42kHz it is guaranteed to work for both receptions and transmissions.